Friday 21 December 2007

News from Derwent


Take a good look at this lovely box of Derwent Signatures - after December 31st 2007, they will no longer be available. I have just received word from Derwent that their Signature range will be discontinued. I will particularly miss the Signature water-solubles, not just because of their lightfastness, but also because they were lovely pencils. I am reassured that this will not mean that Derwent are easing up on their commitment to bringing us lightfast pencils though. I know the testing they do, I have seen it, and I know that they will strive to bring us the most lightfast pigments that they can source. I also hope they will continue to publish lightfast data on all of their pencils, so that, as producers of fine art, we will know what we are using.


Some much better news from Derwent is that they are extending their wonderful Inktense range from 24 pencils to 72 (71 colours plus a non-soluble outliner), and these should be available from January 2008. So save some of your Christmas money for these!


And a very Merry Christmas, Holiday Greetings, and a Colourful New Year to all CP Artists everywhere!

1 comment:

Making A Mark said...

I guess it was bound to happen after the Coloursoft range was introduced.

I'm going to be posting about lightfastness in coloured pencils in the New Year. I've just completed my CPSA lightfastness workbook and had a few surprises!

Wishing a Merry Christmas to you and all your blog readers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails