Monday 4 June 2012

Sandra Dewsberry @ Patchings

'Stanage Edge - Derbyshire'
Congratulations to UKCPS member, Sandra Dewsberry, whose CP work entitled 'Stanage Edge' [See right] has been accepted for display at the 'Artist' and 'Leisure Painter' Patchings 2012 Exhibition.
Sandra, who is a member of Robin Borrett's East Leake local group, has commented:

"I'm very much an amateur, consider myself a beginner, and haven't done many pictures at all yet. I usually feel I haven't got a clue what I'm doing and the end result seems to come from nowhere, but I'm learning with each one and my desire to produce bright, colourful and detailed work is what motivates me to 'have a go'.

What I have done has been so well received it's made me sit up and think maybe I'm capable of more than I realise, and I'm chuffed to bits with people's responses to my work. I entered the competition just to see what (if anything) would happen really. It's the first one I've entered and I did it because I enjoy going to the Patchings Art Festival and had this mad dream that it would be amazing to actually - one day - have a picture on display there.  The picture is worked in Prismacolor pencils on Bristol Board."

2 comments:

Making A Mark said...

That's a very small image!

I suggest clicking on the image to see a much bigger version and to appreciate the work of the artist

UKCPS- Blogmaster said...

Subtle hint taken!!

I've enlarged the picture!
Alan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails