The Colored Pencil Society of America has called for entries for the 17th Annual International Exhibition 2009. In this post I'm going to provide the links to where you can find all the relevant information is posted on the CPSA website and blog
Then - in my second post later this week - I'll highlight some of the aspects you need to make a special note of if you would like to submit work to this open exhibition.
Remember - you don't need to be a member of CPSA to submit work to this exhibition!
The Prospectus and Exhibition Information is now posted on the website as a pdf file. The prospectus includes specifications for show entry and workshop and convention information. It's an 8 page document and needs to be read very thoroughly.
Here are the key dates for next year's calendar or wall chart!
- Closing date for entry: 11:59 p.m. (Mountain Time) 31st March 2009
- Notification of selection: 2nd May 2009
- Period for shipping artwork: 17th - 24th June 2009
- Final jury and awards selection: 1st July 2009 (telephone notification begins 2nd July)
- Exhibition dates: 9th July to 29th August 2009
- Convention dates: 29th July - 1st August 2009
Arrangements for the exhibition and convention are hosted by District Chapter 107 Atlanta.
The Juror: Graham C. Boettcher. He is The Wm Cary Hulsey Curator of American Art at the Birmingham Museum of Art in Alabama
These are the relevant pages on the CPSA website which it's a good idea to bookmark:
- 17th Annual International Exibition and Convention
- Frequently Asked Questions about Exhibitions
- Frequently Asked Questions about Framing
- Step by Step Entry Using the CaFE system
- Preparing Your Digital Image Using Photoshop
- Questions Specific to Digital Terminology
Do let me know if you have any queries before the next post.