Wednesday 24 April 2013

Liz Bennett - Rootstein Hopkins Drawing Competition

Congratulations to UKCPS member, Liz Bennett, who has sent in the following report:
I have relatively recently taken up cp, and my printmaking tutor saw some of them and suggested I submit them to the Rootstein Hopkins drawing competition. This is a competition/exhibition exclusively for drawings, made by people who are taking part time art courses in London.

I submitted one - a street scene in Porto - and it has been accepted, and selected to be in the brochure for the exhibition.
 I suspect this is because it is the only cp drawing they received; it is certainly the only one in the brochure. It may well be the first that has ever been submitted for this prize.

The exhibition runs in May and June and prizes will be awarded by Maggie Hambling, who is the chair of the judging panel. I doubt very much that I will win a prize as I have seen the quality of the competition! But I think it is good for cp that it will be there.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails