The CPSA Explore This! 5 Exhibition and catalogue are now both online and available to view.
CPSA changed arrangements this year so that the exhibition is only online. This means that the exhibition will now run online all year until January 31 2010. It also means that the Society does not have the expense of an additional exhibition space to fund and the exhibitors do not have to fund the cost of carriage of framed art to and from the exhibition.
There are a number of pages on the CPSA website which relate to the The Explore This! exhibition. The navigation menu runs along the very bottom of the page on most pages. These are:
- The Explore This! 5 Exhibition Title/entry page
- The actual exhibition
- Details of the various awards and Award winners
- An exhibition catalogue of all the works in the list of artists. This provides details about the dimensions, the media and support used and the price of the work.
- More information About the exhibition
- and information About the Juror - Gwen Chanzit
- Each award winner now gets a mini profile and a link to their website. It's very nice to be able to put a face to a name, learn a bit more about the artist and to able to see more of their work.
- The online catalogue is really great for anybody viewing online. Information about dimensions is particularly valuable as a digital image can so easily misrepresent size and this information has not previously been provided.
- People wishing to purchase an artwork can contact the artist via the Exhibition Director. This means that all exhibitors have an opportunity to exhibit their work on a very reputable website and sell their art online for the next year.