The traditional subject for Artists Pencils that has appeared on the front of the packs since their launch in 1938 has always been Ashness Bridge, near Keswick in the Lake District.
Entries must be
- in portrait format,
- drawn with Derwent Artists Pencils
- at least A4 in size.
- received by the closing date of January 31st 2010.
Rules:Full details are set out in the information article (Pdf file) about the competition which can be downloaded from the website (link reproduced below)
1. All work must be executed in Derwent Artists Pencils
2. Minimum size for entries: A4 (210mm x 297mm)
3. Entries must be submitted unframed and protected in a stiffened envelope
4. The completed entry form must be affixed securely to the back of your work.
5. If you want your drawing returned, you must enclose the correct postage and a reply label. Entries not complying with this rule will not be returned.
6. Every care will be taken of entries, but the organisers cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage during transit, incoming or outgoing, while on the organiser’s premises or while being judged or exhibited.
7. The winning prize is your image appearing on the iconic tin, and a finished tin of Artist Pencils with your image on the front. No financial alternative will be offered.
8. Derwent reserve the right to commission an artist if a suitable image is not found from the competition.
9. In entering your work you are agreeing to the use of your image by Derwent, in any format and publication.
Derwent are accepting entries online and there are FOUR different ways you can enter the competition
EITHER Add your drawing to the dedicated Flickr group: www.flickr.com/groups/derwentartists (you need to be a member to be able to upload an image))
OR Upload your entry to the dedicated Facebook Group (http://bit.ly/4rOF1u) (you need to be a member to be able to upload an image)
OR Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org (maximum file size 5MB)
OR Post your entry, with your name, address, telephone number and email
address clearly labelled on the back of your envelope to: Drawing to Artists Competition, Cumberland Pencil Company, Derwent House, Jubilee Road, Lillyhall Business Park, Workington, Cumbria CA14 4HS
You can also follow the competition at twitter.com/derwentpencils
Links: Derwent Pencils http://www.pencils.co.uk/